Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Real Name: Thoth-Amon
- Identity: Human magic-user
- Occupation: Priest of Set; former royal advisor to the King of Stygia
- Affiliations: Set (his god and master), also invoked the Old Ones; member and sometimes leader of the Black Ring (a sect of sorcerers); former ruler of Aquilonia; former wizard and advisor to King Ctesphon of Stygia; the Black Stranger (demon of the treasure of Tranicos), the Ghoul-Hyena of Chaos, The Man-Serpents and Serpent Men, Shard and his band of mercenaries, a monstrous ape (agents); Kulan Gath (former apprentice); Cult of the White Hand (Louhi), Baron Maloric, Menkara, Nenaunir, Ptor-Nubis, Scarlet Circle (Pra-Eun), Black Zarono (allies), Ee-Ch'ing (pawn/host), Count Valenso and Duke Villagro (former allies)
- Enemies: Ascalante, Astriel, Conan, Valkore,Deviatrix, Dion, Epimetrius the Sage, King Ferdrugo, Jandalinatjari, Karanthes, Kulan Gath, King Mentupherra, Morophla, Queen Nzinga I and II (daughter), Taurus (son of Conan), Thulsa Doom, Thutothemes, Uathacht, Count Valenso, Villagro, Yarralamundu, Zandra
- Known Relatives: None
- Aliases: The Dark Man, Mage of the Black Ring, Master Sorcerer of the Black Ring, Thoth-Amon of the Black Ring (and a few others "of the Black Ring")
- Base of Operations: Khajar, Kheshatta, and later Nebthu, Stygia (what is now Egypt) during the Hyborian Age
Thoth-Amon is the mastermind behind the events of the Age of Conan main storyline. He is also the sworn foe of Kalanthes the Ibis priest (though their hatred goes far beyond their service to different gods, and may be more personal due to their past history.)
Thoth-Amon was reputed to be the most powerful sorcerer of the Hyborian Era. However, for a number of reasons his powers waxed and waned. At times he has possessed virtually limitless power, and at others he could only manage a few simple tricks. Apparently, with time and preparation, he can amass large amounts of power. He has been shown to transfer his mind into that of lesser creatures, project his essence across great distances to contact others, project bolts of magical force and form shields, levitate objects, animate inanimate objects, mentally manipulate others, teleport, and summon and control demonic creatures. A large degree of his powers were dependant on his Serpent Ring, a power source apparently tied to Set.