Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Sanctum of the Burning Souls|
|Level 37 - 39|
|Zone||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|End Boss||Acheronian Warlord|
The Sanctum of the Burning Souls (SotBS) is a 6-man dungeon in the far eastern reaches of the Wild Lands of Zelata. The Sanctum is home to a number of demonic spirits and frequented by Nemedian and Black Ring raiding hosts. It is the second Epic-Only dungeon in Age of Conan and players at the recommended levels should travel in groups.
From Age of Conan:
- In the Wild Lands, the flood-ravaged ruins of the Sanctum of the Burning Souls stand broken, abandoned and forgotten by the people of Aquilonia. And yet, these Acheronian ruins are no longer silent. Strange chants echo across the Wild Lands, carried on the night winds. The Dark Beasts gather here, as if drawn to something like a beast obeying a leash. Moonlight glints off Nemedian blades, drawn in the darkness. All is not what it seems.
- Brooding on a mountaintop, overlooking the Wild Lands, the ruins of the City of Burning Souls is a tainted place. The last vestiges of Acheronian magic still cling to the ruins, and few are foolhardy enough to risk the wrath of the spirits and demons within.
- Yet there are those who make the journey, through the warped and twisted labyrinth of ancient stone to the very heart of the darkness itself…the Sanctum of the Burning Souls. The few who return from such expeditions are insane, frothing at the mouth as they scream of unimaginable horrors.
- The very stones of the Sanctum are soaked with the blood of thousands of innocents; victims who fell beneath the knives of the Acheronian Warlords and the vicious Priests of Set. Great fountains, which once flowed freely with the blood of sacrifice, now stand silent, dark stains around their base the only testimony to their grim purpose.
- Lusting for power, the Nemedians have sent a small force to investigate the ruins, and no man or woman knows what they have found there, though the Dark Beasts began attacking the Wild Lands shortly after the expedition arrived. Thoth-Amon has also sent some of his most trusted allies to discover what secrets the dark heart of Acheron may hold.
- Dark Beasts, Nemedians, Stygian Sorcerers and the demons of Acheron; the Sanctum is a challenge to even the greatest of heroes. But with stout allies and courageous hearts, a stalwart group might be able to uncover the horrible secrets contained therein.
Resurrection Points Edit
Sanctum of the Burning Souls has the following Resurrection Points:
- Sanctum of the Burning Souls (73,100)
- The Dark Heart of Acheron (849,223)
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Quest Zone|
|Tearing the Veil||Zelata||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|Lifting the Curse||Zelata||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|Immortal Acheron||Zelata||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|The Weakest Link||Ur-Emmet||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|Rusty Courage||Maxus the Drunk||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|Fetching Fungi||Teltus the Alchemist||Wild Lands of Zelata|
|The Woman Who Never Died||Inspect the journal on the sarcophagus||Outflow Tunnels|
|The Sanctity of Slaughter||Melkar||Sanctum of the Burning Souls|
|A Spirit Chained||Melkar||Sanctum of the Burning Souls|
Loot Table Edit
|Boss||Weapons & Shields||Cloth Armor||Light Armor||Medium Armor||Heavy Armor||Items|
|Vengeful Drowned One|| |
|Ancient Dark Beast|| v4.6|
|Ancient Blood Defiler||v4.6|| |
|Princess Akivasha|| v4.6|
|Acheronian Warlord|| |
Dungeon Denizens Edit
- Bloodorb Hatchling [Minion] (37)
- Bloodorb Poisoner (37)
- Bloodorb Widowmaker (37)
- Putrid Drowned One (37)
- Acheronian Spirit (37)
- Black Ring Soldier (38)
- Black Ring Mage (38 - 39)
- Nemedian Soldier (38)
- Lurking Dark Beast (39)
- Vashial Thrall [Minion] (39)
- Vashial Seductress [Minion] (39)
- Legionaire of Acheron (39 - 40)
External Links Edit