The latest update releases a test version of the DX10 client to the live servers. Please refer to instruction below on how to activate the DX10 features. The various DX10 settings can then be changed in the [DirectX 10 Test] tab. This version is not final, but we wanted to release it to more players outside of the public test servers so that we can get data from a wider range of software and hardware configurations. This release will run smoothly on most, if not all, top-end video cards and we will be continuing to tune it through this last testing phase to allow more DX10 capable cards to experience the new effects and settings.
Quote: Activating DirectX 10 Test via the SimpleConfig file
- Go to C:\Program Files\Funcom\Age of Conan (or, your install folder. This may vary, depending on where you installed your client.)
- Double click on "SimpleConfig" application.
- Select the "Graphics" tab in the window that pops up.
- Select the DirectX 10 option under "Select Client to Use".
- Hit "Ok".
- Start the game as normal.
Activating DirectX 10 Test via the client
- Start the game as normal and let it patch up if needed.
- At the login screen, hit the "Settings" button in the lower right corner of the screen, OR hit the "F10" button on the keyboard.
- Click on the "Video Options" button.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Under "Global" at the top of the list, go to "DirectX version" and select "DirectX 10 Test" from the drop down menu.
- All battlekeeps should be able to get hit by two siege camps. Note: Not all of these are located in the inner courtyard.
- Defenders will no longer lose their resurrection point when their battlekeep drops below 75% health. They will only lose it when they actually lose the keep.
- The damage radius from siege weapon has been reduced a little to compensate for a previous change.
- All battle keeps now have 8 siege camps.